Blog Make a Payment Client Loginrel

Toronto Real Estate Lawyer

Fax Us
1 (855) 466-3803 [ Toll-Free ]
Call Us
1 (855) 466-3801 [ Toll-Free ]
You are here:

IF the Trasnfer/Deed is only registered in 1 spouse's name, BUT the property has been used as a matrimonial home (family residence), the other spouse who is NOT the registered owner MUST attend our office to sign a consent and direction that all net sale proceeds are to be paid solely to the spouse who is noted as the registered property owner. IF such direction is NOT signed, the net sale proceeds shall be made payable to both spouses even though only 1 spouse is the registered owner.

Please note that the above ONLY applies to properties that are used as a matrimonial home and does NOTapply to investment properties.




Send us an email

Toronto Real Estate Lawyer
Copyright © 2020 Real Estate Lawyers LLP. All Rights Reserved.